Are you holding too much tension in your face? Are you looking for a natural, holistic way to look and feel younger and more vibrant without the serious risks of toxin injections & cosmetic procedures? Cosmetic Acupuncture is a natural alternative to botox and face-lift procedures.
What is Facial Rejuvenation / Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture The art of using acupuncture to improve the skin and reverse the aging process dates back to the early Western Zhou period in China (1121-770 BC), thousands of years ago and was common practice in ancient Japanese & Chinese medicine. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture was developed by the well-known Acupuncturists to the stars, Virginia Doran decades ago based on these ancient secrets and modern research.
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture involves inserting hair-thin, sterile, disposable needles into particular areas of the face and body to stimulate our body’s own collagen production, local circulation, and complex physiological system. High grade aromatherapy oils and facial massage is combined with the acupuncture treatments.
While Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture improves the vitality of the skin and face, it can also address the underlying issues and imbalances that contribute to the aging process.
Benefits of Facial Rejuvenation / Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Improves muscle tone & dermal contraction
- Increases collagen production & effects dispersal
- Promotes skin rejuvenation via increase facial circulation
- Helps eliminate and reduce bags under the eyes
- Decreases the tendency towards sagging and jowls
- Helps to eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism and thus eliminating excess fluids
- Helps to eliminate fine lines of the face and has a diminishing effect on larger wrinkles
- Improves hormonal balance and hormone-based skin conditions
- Balances sebaceous secretions to treat dry skin and oily skin/acne
- Improves facial color by the increase of peripheral circulation
- Reduces or eliminates double chins
- Tightens the pores
- Brightens the eyes
- Helps to lift drooping eyelids
- Promotes overall health and wellbeing
- Reduces stress evident in the face
- Brings out a person’s innate beauty and radiance
- Slows the aging process, from within
- Delays hair turning grey & the loss of hair associated with aging
- Benefits the eyes, ears, sinuses, thyroid & brains and eases TMJ problems
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding problems
- Migraine Headaches (Can resolve with regular Acupuncture treatments)
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Cancer, AIDS, acute Hepatitis, and coronary artery disease & other serious health conditions
- Seizures & epilepsy
- Not administered during: Flus & colds, Acute herpes outbreaks, Acute allergic reactions, & sunburn
How many treatments are recommended?
In general for optimal benefits that can last 5-10 years, 12 sessions are recommended weekly or biweekly, followed by maintenance sessions. How do I maintain the benefits of facial rejuvenation acupuncture? Maintenance treatments are recommended monthly or seasonally.
What is included in the treatment?
Our certified facial rejuvenation acupuncturists are also Naturopathic Physicians, therefore, you will get the additional benefit of discussing optimal clinical nutrition, lifestyle, and targeted dietary supplements regimes that are customized to your needs during your facial rejuvenation sessions
Each one hour session includes facial rejuvenation acupuncture and facial massage with aromatherapy, and may include general naturopathic medical advice. Additional visits may be required with Naturopathic Medicine or Constitutional Acupuncture to address complex needs.
Not covered by insurance.
I am a 54 year old woman who has enjoyed every moment since I’ve been old enough to walk – to play outside! Adding to the outdoor commitment, I was a life guard during high school and two summers of college. 10 hour days all in the sun! Total Bliss!
The beating my skin has endured continues with an additional 25 ++ years of boating every summer on Long Island Sound. Yes, I have added more sun screen than during my youthful years, but salt air, salt water and sun do take their toll.
About the age of 50, I met Dr. Artemis in my journey to figure out how to repair and hold back the deepening “laugh” lines (also known as Trish’s crevices) and to improve the overall skin tone. Holding back the sands of time also plays a part in my corporate career of over 30 + years with the goal to be forever young over the next 10+ years.
The gentle touch of Dr. Artemis’ acupuncture is a triple home run! I have fewer deep crevices, healthy tighter collagen and the gift to myself of 60 minutes to relax with Dr. Artemis’ care.
What does it feel like? a pin-prick for less than a second.
What are the results?
- my brothers and sister all have the deep lines between the eyes and furrows around the mouth that we inherited from our parents. By comparison, I really dont have the same lines that they do even though we are all within years of each other in age.
- less lines around my eyes and mouth despite adding 4 years to my life since I’ve met Dr. Artemis while still boating every summer and playing in the outdoors as much as possible!
- tighter, younger collagen without the red feathery lines on my cheeks
- less droopy eye-lids and a more uplifted jowl
- 100% elimination of lines from my mouth to my ears
- friends who have complimented and have also had facial acupuncture with Dr. Artemis — the highest compliment of all!!
- my daughter who took notice after comparing photo’s one holiday and is also working with Dr. Artemis to improve her after-baby hormone skin
- and the most important side-benefit is an appreciation for all things natural that flow through conversations with Dr. Artemis which hopefully makes me a better person on our planet.
If I had only met Dr Artemis when I was 30 or 40, WOW! It is never to early or to late to start!! I would highly recommend Dr. Artemis’ facial acupuncture.
-Trish B. in Connecticut